After eight months of event cancellations and postponements due to COVID-19, Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center reopens in November to host a limited number of live events in 2020-2021.
In preparation for reopening, the staff at Central Bank Center and Rupp Arena has worked closely with the Governor’s office, the KY Department of Public Health and industry professionals to develop a detailed plan that will safely allow live events to take place at the arena. New policies and procedures are in place and all guests will need to be aware of these rules as they will be strictly enforced.
The first events begin on November 25 with UK Men’s Basketball Bluegrass Showcase MTE, followed by four additional games on November 27 and November 29. These events will follow all NCAA and SEC health and safety protocols to ensure a safe and controlled environment for all participants and spectators.
UK Men’s basketball returns to Rupp against Notre Dame at noon on December 12. Their 10 home game SEC season starts on December 29 against South Carolina and runs through February 27 of 2021.
December concerts at Rupp have been postponed until January. Acoustic Concert, originally scheduled for Tuesday, December 8, has been rescheduled to Friday, January 15, 2021. The Three 6 Mafia concert, originally scheduled for Friday, December 11, 2020 has been rescheduled to Saturday, January 16, 2021.
New Event Protocols:
- With the limited capacity for the upcoming events, there should be ample parking for all patrons directly across from Rupp Arena in the High Street parking lots.
- Entry into the arena this season will be on the west side of the arena via the corridor connecting the new convention center to the arena.
- Tickets are mobile only and all ticket sales will be conducted online only at Ticketmaster.com.
- Patrons should be sure to have a fully charged phone and be ready to present their mobile ticket at the turnstile.
- Health Screening Questions & Temperature Checks Are Required Before Entry
- Patrons will be monitored in the seating area to ensure they maintain social distancing and sit in the area where they purchased their tickets.
- Face masks will be required at all times throughout the complex except when a patron is actively eating or drinking in their designated seat.
- Stickers will be installed on the ground designating socially distanced spacing for patrons as they line up for entry or at the concessions stands.
- Concession stands will encourage cashless transactions.
- Patrons may only have one clear bag (no larger than 12″x12″x6″) or one small clutch purse (no larger than 4″x4″x1″) for their personal items. All bags and items will be searched. To avoid additional touch points, patrons are strongly encouraged to leave unnecessary items at home.
- Gatherings of more than eight people are prohibited on the concourse and will be strictly monitored by event staff.
- Venue staff will be providing enhanced sanitation procedures before, and during the event.
Call today to advertise in Downtown Guide, 859.361.4169